Are you an entry to mid-level professional looking to enhance that dusty elevator speech? What are the next steps to achieve your career aspirations? How can you reach your full potential and use your skill sets to make a deeper impact on the social sector?
Join YNPNdc and the Foundation Center for an "Elevate Your Career" series in June. Discount rate if you sign up for all three sessions. Register today!
Session 1: Finding Your IdentityDate: June 8, 6 p.m.
As young professionals it's easy to create an identity based off of who we think we're supposed to be. Parents, bosses, mentors, even the barista at Starbucks probably has an opinion of what you should do when you "grow up."
The question isn't what do you want to do, it's really who it is that you want to be? Our "who" provides us with purpose, direction, and clarity and informs what we do and how we do it. When our who isn't clear it can cause frustration, dissatisfaction in all areas of our life, and even a sense of feeling lost.
In this interactive workshop, we’ll discuss proven methods to help you create your new "who," which will allow you play up your strengths, build your confidence, reputation, and show your boss your stuff!
The session is moderated by Stacy Campesi of SLC Coaching.
Session 2: Mapping Your CareerDate: June 16, 6 p.m.
It can feel daunting to even consider taking the next step in your nonprofit career, never mind actively applying for a new job. You might feel lost, without any sense of direction. Through careful evaluation and a vision of your future professional self, you can achieve the career of your dreams.
In this workshop, you will:
- Map out your career history by looking at your past roles, current role, and future roles
- Determine skills or experience gaps that stand between you and your next great opportunity, and discover how to close those gaps
- Leave with a personalized Career Map to guide you in your career for years to come
The session is moderated by Emily Schelle and Lise Tishman of Careers in Nonprofits.
Session 3: Deepening Your ImpactDate: June 29, 6 p.m.
Now that you’ve discovered your personal strengths and weaknesses and mapped out your career path, how can you deepen your impact within the social sector? Join us for a panel discussion with fellow thought leaders on various ways you can make a difference in the nonprofit world.
The panel will cover:
- Board service: While many view board service as something reserved for later in your career, serving on a board of directors is a unique form of volunteering that offers young professionals opportunities to grow as leaders. Learn the advantages of joining a board and how to apply your unique perspectives to further causes you care about deeply.
- Interpersonal skills: Your business success is based in large part on your interpersonal skills. Learning to distance yourself from your emotions and focus on the facts can move conversations forward, reach common ground faster, create better relationships, and increase productivity. Learn practical techniques to implement today in your organization for better conversations that can help your career thrive.
- Entrepreneurship: Turn your entrepreneurial spirit into your own business. If you think someday you might like to be your own boss, start preparing now. Learn the benefits and challenges of working for yourself.
- Andrew Davis, MPA, Director of Education/Governance Consultant, BoardSource
- Maura Fredericks, ACC, Founder of Thrive
- Susan Kelly, Kelly Strategies
1627 K St NW
Washington, DC 20006
Google map and directions