By Michael Man
I’m honored to have the opportunity to step into the role of Chair for 2014-2015 to build on the solid foundation left by those who came before me. I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge the tremendous amount of work put in by last year’s leadership team under the guidance of Emily Reineke. In addition to the programming with which you are most familiar, this team has been instrumental in increasing the financial and operational strength of this organization, giving this year’s team every opportunity to grow and achieve our lofty goals.
It’s hard to believe we’re less than a month into the 2014-2015 term as so many things have happened. Program chairs have already begun planning with their committees, continuing the great work of last year’s leadership team and bringing our strategic plan to life through the new programs Emerging Leaders 2.0 and a yet-to-be-named mentoring program. Both of these will offer higher level content and deeper engagement with other members.
On the operations side, we’re working on a revamp of our website, email marketing, and technology infrastructure to improve our communications with members and partners. In addition, we hope to add webinar capability to deliver content to those unable to make it out to one of our in-person events. On top of all that, we’re rethinking the way we collect data across the organization to ensure it gets put to good use to provide better-informed programming.
While I look forward to providing the professional development and networking opportunities our members need, I’m also looking forward to building our community of engaged nonprofit professionals, starting with our stellar 2014-2015 YNPNdc Leadership Team.
Come out to an event and say hi to these folks:
2014-2015 Board of Directors
- Chair – Michael Man, Rebuilding Together
- Vice Chair – Laura Brogan, InterAction
- Secretary – Jessie Permar, Rebuilding Together
- Governance Chair – Emma Parkerson, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Leadership Liaison – Sherika Brooks, KaBOOM!
- Member at Large – Anna Schumacher, Groundswell
- Fundraising Chair – Jessie Dzura, Brookings
- Technology Chair – Ilya Plotkin, Public Health Foundation
- Member Engagement Co-Chair – Stephen Alexander, Exponent Philanthropy
- Member Engagement Co-Chair – Marie LeBlanc, Independent Sector
- Professional Development Co-Chair – Mariam Nek, Friendship Place
- Professional Development Co-Chair – Anastasia Pruitt, Council on Social Work Education
- Communications Co-Chair – Katy Beth Cassell, Philip Merrill College of Journalism, University of Maryland – College Park
- Communications Co-Chair – Danielle Devery, American Society of Hematology
- Special Events Chair – Megan Redmond, Association of Performing Arts Presenters
2014-2015 Committee Members
- Liz Ackley, National Parks Conservation Association
- Mary Jo Bean, United Way of the National Capital Area
- Jennifer Bellhouse, Fairfax Court-Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Laura Benson, Association of Performing Arts Presenters
- Jennifer Cobb, First Book
- Alexis Duclos, Youth Venture, Inc.
- Hillary Eschenburg, MAG America
- Marice Fernando, National Housing Conference
- Rujuta Gandhi, 1,000 Days
- Katie Grills, Jackson River
- Sabrina Hall, National Research Council
- Nikki Hilgert, Exponent Philanthropy
- Chloe Hwang, Alliance for Justice
- Ryan Lauer, City Kids Wilderness Project
- Bonnie Leko-Shapiro, InterAction
- Lindsey Loyd, Orr Associates, Inc.
- Anna Mackintosh, World Vision International
- Cliff Mayo, Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
- Samantha Millard, Organization for Autism Research
- Jessa Morrison, International Women’s Forum, Leadership Foundation
- Que Mykte’ Newbill, AMIDEAST
- Derek John Rogers, Orr Associates, Inc.
- Michelle Shapiro, CORE Group
- Jessica Soule, National Council for Science and the Environment
- Lauren Syring, American Red Cross – National Headquarters
- Stefanie Thompson, Jubilee JumpStart
- Jenny Twesten, Prevent Cancer Foundation
- Ted Twinting, IMF
- Emily Wilson, Imagination Stage
- Ana Kay Yaghoubian, AAUW
Mike Man has served on the YNPNdc Board of Directors since 2012. He currently works full-time at Rebuilding Together as the Organizational Analyst, advising and supporting senior management in the development of a new organizational strategy through analyses of existing business practices and the competitive landscape. He completed his undergraduate work in Cultural Anthropology at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Virginia.