What It Is:
Through YNPNdc’s 2019 Mentoring Program, young professionals will be matched with seasoned professionals in one-to-one mentoring relationships. Participants will connect with leaders in the social sector, attend professional development workshops focused on leadership skills, and join YNPN’s nationwide network of leaders across 42 cities. In addition to facilitated workshops, YNPNdc will provide a forum for mentees to develop leadership and interpersonal skills through coaching and feedback while gaining new tools to advance their goals. Mentors will have the opportunity to expand their leadership and interpersonal skills as well as gaining new perspectives while sharing key insights, tools, and experiences.
What We Offer:
- An eight-month program (March 2019-October 2019) for YNPNdc matched mentor/mentee pairs.
- Events for the mentorship class to create a robust community among participants.
Who We're Looking For:
- Mentees: Young professionals with 1-5 years of work experience and looking to grow professionally either within their current position/organization, or transitioning to a new position/organization. We highly encourage individuals who have infrequent travel, and those living or working near the DC metropolitan area, to apply due to the in-person nature of the program.
- Mentors: Individuals with 7+ years of professional experience either in the nonprofit sector or from a field that works closely to support the nonprofit sector. We highly encourage individuals who have infrequent travel, and those living or working near the DC metropolitan area, to apply due to the in-person nature of the program.
- All: YNPNdc seeks to recruit a diverse pool of mentees for the program reflecting a wide spectrum of race, culture, gender, and geography.
- The application period will open on Monday, January 28, 2019, and close on Friday, February 22, 2019. We'll update this page with the application when it goes live.
- $50 for mentees. Participation is free for mentors but a donation to YNPNdc and/or sponsorship of one of the events is encouraged.
"My relationship with my mentor helped me navigate a very difficult career transition. She provided constant support and guidance through our monthly sessions." -- past Membership Program participant