Organization Mission and Vision
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Washington, DC (YNPNdc) activates young nonprofit professionals and champions their needs to strengthen the Greater Washington nonprofit community. We are a community of forward-thinking and inspired nonprofit professionals who are effecting change.
YNPNdc is an independent 501(c)(3) organization, affiliated with the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which serves more than 50,000 members and includes chapters in more than 40 cities.
The Volunteer Engagement Assistant will assist the Director of Volunteer Management & Engagement with outreach and relationship building among volunteers. It is crucial for YNPNdc volunteers to have a positive working environment and provide opportunities for each to connect with one another. This position will report to the Director of Volunteer Management & Engagement.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of who and what the YNPNdc volunteers are interested in.
- Identify and cultivate 2-4 virtual social events for relationship building among the volunteers.
- Serve as the moderator for the event discussion.
- Provide pre-planning and virtual onsite logistical support for the social volunteer events.
- Administer promotional communications of the social volunteer events.
- Draft materials as necessary in partnership with the Director of Volunteer Management & Engagement.
- Member of the Volunteer Committee.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong event planning skills, especially for virtual events.
- Comfortable with navigating Zoom meeting software.
- Experience in volunteer engagement and relationship cultivation is a plus, but not required.
- Interested in the non-profit field and YNPNdc’s mission and vision.
- Ability to dedicate time to the position and organization (3-6 hours/month, this includes attendance to the virtual social volunteer events. 6 month minimum commitment).
Deadline to apply is January 18, 2021.