Organization Mission and Vision
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Washington, DC (YNPNdc) activates young nonprofit professionals and champions their needs to strengthen the Greater Washington nonprofit community. We are a community of forward-thinking and inspired nonprofit professionals who are effecting change. YNPNdc is an independent 501(c)(3) organization, affiliated with the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which serves more than 50,000 members and includes chapters in more than 40 cities.
The Events Assistant will be responsible for event planning and programming of the monthly happy hours. YNPNdc is looking to expand beyond the traditional “networking” happy hours and incorporate unique team-bonding activities to further engage attendees. This position will report to the Director(s) of Programs and will be part of the Programs Committee.
- Administer the event logistics and secure the venue of the monthly happy hours.
- Create and implement creative programming to engage and foster networking opportunities for attendees.
- Provide event details to the Communications Committee.
- Oversee onsite registration setup and breakdown.
- Manage onsite events volunteers.
- Serve as the main onsite programming facilitator and answer any YNPNdc-related questions from attendees.
- Work with the Treasurer to reconcile any contract/financial items from the vendor.
- Follow up on post-event details and feedback with the Communications Committee.
- Conceive basic program materials, if needed.
- Provide input to the Programs Committee on how to utilize the monthly happy hours to address member needs and interest.
- Open to learning NationBuilder, an all-inclusive platform for website, database and communications tools, and assisting in posting event details and sending feedback.
- Experience in event planning and logistics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- At least 1 year of experience managing staff and/or volunteers.
- Open to learning basic database functionality.
- Interested in the nonprofit field and YNPNdc’s mission and vision.
- Ability to dedicate time to the position and organization (4-6 hours per month including onsite attendance).