Organization Mission and Vision
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Washington, DC (YNPNdc) activates young nonprofit professionals and champions their needs to strengthen the Greater Washington nonprofit community. We are a community of forward-thinking and inspired nonprofit professionals who are effecting change. YNPNdc is an independent 501(c)(3) organization, affiliated with the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which serves more than 50,000 members and includes chapters in more than 40 cities.
The Onsite Events Volunteer will assist with the setup and breakdown of YNPNdc events. Currently these events include the monthly happy hours and monthly Inner Circles workshop. Other forthcoming events such as an annual dinner/conference and upcoming workshop series will be added. Additionally, the Onsite Events Volunteer will have the opportunity to network during these events. This position will report to the Director of Volunteer Management and Engagement.
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of the registration area.
- Ensure that all attendees are checked in.
- Encourage and inform attendees of upcoming YNPNdc events.
- Answer any YNPNdc-related questions from attendees. Board Members will be onsite to help with this.
- Aid with any needed programming facilitation support.
- Be an alternate to provide post-event details, such as the final attendee list to the Events Assistant and Communications Committee, if needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service abilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Interested in the nonprofit field and YNPNdc mission and vision.
- Ability to dedicate time to the position and organization (2-4 hours per month, must attend 5 events minimum in one year).