Organization Mission and Vision
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Washington, DC (YNPNdc) activates young nonprofit professionals and champions their needs to strengthen the Greater Washington nonprofit community. We are a community of forward-thinking and inspired nonprofit professionals who are effecting change. YNPNdc is an independent 501(c)(3) organization, affiliated with the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which serves more than 50,000 members and includes chapters in more than 40 cities.
The YNPNdc Mentoring Program is designed to pair early-career nonprofit professionals with more experienced professionals, as well as to provide opportunities for professional development and networking.
The Program Assistant will provide direct support to the Program Manager in the development and implementation of the YNPNdc Mentoring Program. This position will report to the Program Manager, Mentoring Program.
- Assist the Program Manager with event planning for the mentoring program.
- Serve as the point of contact for space reservations at various venues throughout the DC Metro area.
- Assist in the applicant review process.
- Assist the Communications Committee with on-site documentation.
- Draft materials as necessary in partnership with the Program Manager.
- Other tasks and duties as discussed.
- At least 1 year of experience working in the nonprofit or nonprofit-adjacent field.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to jump in and take ownership.
- Desire to learn more about mentoring and how to run a program.
- Clear communication skills.
- Confidence in communicating with a variety of program partners.
- Experience in event planning a plus, but not required.
- A sense of humor!
- Ability to dedicate time to the position and organization (5-8 hours per month including attendance at mentorship program events).