Organization Mission and Vision
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Washington, DC (YNPNdc) activates young nonprofit professionals and champions their needs to strengthen the Greater Washington nonprofit community. We are a community of forward-thinking and inspired nonprofit professionals who are effecting change. YNPNdc is an independent 501(c)(3) organization, affiliated with the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which serves more than 50,000 members and includes chapters in more than 40 cities.
The YNPNdc Mentoring Program is designed to pair early-career nonprofit professionals with more experienced professionals, as well as to provide opportunities for professional development and networking.
Relationship Liaisons serve a crucial role in the success of the Mentoring Program. Relationship Liaisons are primarily responsible for fostering positive relationships between mentor/mentee pairs. Relationship Liaisons will also contribute to the selection of the cohort by reviewing initial applications to advance to final selection. This position will report to the Program Manager for the Mentoring Program and the Director of Programs.
- Be paired with a maximum of 8 pairs.
- Send regularly scheduled emails to cohorts about upcoming activities.
- Document check-in process and responses/feedback throughout the year.
- Offer to speak by phone or meet in person periodically during check-in.
- Personal check-in with pairs via email on a monthly basis.
- Provide resources to pairs in need of support.
- Refer pairs with major flags to Program Manager and Director of Programs.
- Assist in the applicant review process.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong listening skills.
- Willingness to address potentially difficult or intense issues/conversations.
- Experience facilitating positive relationships.
- Understanding of workplace/nonprofit norms.
- Ability to commit to the full duration of the mentoring program.
- A sense of humor!
- Ability to dedicate time to the position and organization. Pre-planning hours: 2-4hrs/month for recruitment months prior and application review in July/August. Duration of the program: 8 hours per month during the program itself, which averages 1 hour/pair as well as attendance at professional development/networking events for the program.