Organization Mission and Vision
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Washington, DC (YNPNdc) activates young nonprofit professionals and champions their needs to strengthen the Greater Washington nonprofit community. We are a community of forward-thinking and inspired nonprofit professionals who are effecting change.
YNPNdc is an independent 501(c)(3) organization, affiliated with the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which serves more than 50,000 members and includes chapters in more than 40 cities.
The Website Manager is responsible for overseeing YNPNdc’s website strategy, and the creation and maintenance of web pages and other web content. This position will collaborate closely with the Content Manager to help tell the story of YNPN online, especially through the blog.
- Manage and develop all website content for YNPNdc.org
- Create and curate shareable content for YNPNdc.org (including the blog)
- Work closely with Communications Director to develop and manage editorial calendar for all web content (including editorial and production workflow for the blog)
- Monitor web analytics and make recommendations based on SEO best practice
- Coordinate with communications team for blog promotion on social media and in email blasts
- Serve as communications liaison to the Fundraising Committee
- Provide guidance on marketing content for the web, such as event pages, calls for applications, promotions, surveys, etc.
- Generate monthly reports on web analytics for Communications Committee
- Design graphics to accompany blog posts as needed
- Ensure all editorial content follows best practice
- Maintain brand consistency
- Experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress preferred)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong ability to focus, listen deeply, and create space for open conversation and learning
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Interested in the nonprofit field and YNPNdc’s mission and vision
- Ability to dedicate time to the position and organization (5-10 hours per month)
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021